Wouter J. Hanegraaff : Esotericism and the Academy: Rejected Knowledge in Western Culture
Mythic Imagination Institute
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Mythic Imagination Institute is a non-profit organization based in Atlanta, Georgia, whose purpose is to encourage a creative response to life, both individual and collective, through storytelling and mythology: "Every life is a story, and a story can change the world." The Institute's main vehicles for achieving this purpose are conferences, performance festivals, lectures, and educational classes.
Past events organized or sponsored by Mythic Imagination Institute include:
• The Mythic Journeys conferences in 2004 and 2006 in Atlanta.
• "Ancient Spirit, Modern Voice", an art exhibition at the Defoors Centre Art Gallery, May 1-June 12, 2004, curated by Charles Vess and featuring the works of Brian and Wendy Froud, Terri Windling, Alan Lee, Viggo Mortensen, and others.
• The Mythic Journeys 2-hour audio program featuring highlights of the Mythic Journeys 2004 conference, produced by Public Radio International.
• In 2007, the MII organized the Human Forum conference for the Alliance for a New Humanity in Puerto Rico.
• In 2008, the MII offered a one-year certificate program in Applied Mythology, in partnership with the New York Open Center.
• In 2009, Imaginal Cells Filmworks in partnership with MII premiered the documentary film Mythic Journeys, based on interviews conducted at the 2006 Mythic Journeys conference.
The Mythic Imagination Institute's official website features an online, quarterly magazine Mythic Passages, which includes contributions from renowned scholars, artists, poets, and performers.
1.^ "Ancient Spirit, Modern Voice by Ari Berk". Retrieved 2000-07-18.
2.^ "Books to Look For". Retrieved 2000-07-23.
3.^ "Emory professor featured on public radio broadcast". Retrieved 2000-07-18.
4.^ "The American way: Planning without imagination creates deliberate cruelty". Retrieved 2000-07-18.
5.^ "Ari Berk Live at the Human Forum". Retrieved 2000-07-18.
• Mythic Imagination Institute official website
Gerhard Kienle - Leben und Werk: Bd. 1: Eine Biographie / Bd. 2: Ausgewählte Aufsätze und Vorträge: 2 Bde. [Gebundene Ausgabe]
Peter Selg (Autor)
Rudolf Steiner 1861 - 1925. Lebens- und Werkgeschichte. 3 Bände im Schuber
Peter Selg (Autor) - Gebundene Ausgabe: 2148 Seiten
Verlag: Ita Wegman Institut (6. Dezember 2012)
ISBN-10: 3905919273 - ISBN-13: 978-3905919271